Saturday 30 July 2011

Lets gather round the campfire.

It has to be said, I'm not one for camping. Being without all my things is a horrible thought, however when my friend asked me to go camping with her, I thought why not. I've been once before, last year to a small music festival in Yorkshire...I haven't quite got round to going to a mainstream festival just yet. I'm starting this post two weeks before I'm due to go and will slowly add to it, until I have everything I need.

First of all, the toiletries. Because of it being a proper camp-site, I have the luxury of decent showers, thank god! I went out and spent about £15 on toiletries and yes I have just noticed it's practically all pink. I was going to buy travel size bottles, but they're pretty much the same price as these bigger ones, why waste my money? I have Alberto balsam shampoo and conditioner, radox shower gel,  sure deodorant, So...Kiss me body spray, Colgate tooth paste and brush, Wilkinson sword razors, Nivea cleanser and moisturiser, cotton wool and a toiletry bag. Pretty good for £15, I think anyway.
People tend to just use baby wipes while camping, because they're quick and easy, but I've always been one to take care of my skin, so I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that, so the cleanser and moisturiser were a must. Again, many people don't bother with shaving, which I can understand at a big music festival where the showers cost and are probably a bit of a state, but thankfully, I only have to spend time shaving. There is obviously no need to take all the razors, so I'll only be taking probably two. Luckily, nearly all of this fits into my toiletry bag, which is a bit of a miracle! Only the cleanser and moisturiser don't fit, but I'll be taking them in my handbag anyway.

This is what is in my case so far.
Hair grips, shorts, towels, toiletries, more shorts, dress, checked shirts, tights, bras, knickers, tops, and. tracksuit bottoms.
As well as that, I have sandals, incase the weather is actually decent one day! Pumps, ballet flats and four bottles of drink. I'm taking my doc martens as well, but I'll be wearing them on the way down there.

As well as all of this, I'm taking a hoody, which I'm borrowing from my boyfriend, a waterproof jacket, hair dryer, straighteners and curlers.
I'm definitely not cut out for the camping lifestyle, I'd be more suited to a beach holiday and staying in a lovely hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment