Saturday, 6 April 2013

Falafel Burger / Meat alternative burger

I'm not sure I've really mentioned it on here, but in January I became a vegetarian and since then I've been trying out a whole heap of new food and I recently came across a recipe for 'Falafel burgers'.
The recipe was really simple and I decided to give it a go, with the help of my friend Emily.
I have tweaked the ingredients slightly, (to fit in with what I had in my cupboards really).

What you will need it:
200g of Chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
1/2 teaspoon of Chilli Powder.
1 teaspoon of onion granules.
2 tablespoons of plain flour.
2 tablespoons of sunflower oil.
Salt and Pepper to taste.

First of all make sure your chickpeas are drained thoroughly and add them to a bowl
Add the rest of the ingredients and mash them all up. You can also use a blender for this part.

Once everything is combined take half of the mixture and form it into a burger like shape.
Obviously, do the same with the other half.


 Fry them in a little bit of oil until they have browned.

Add to a burger bun with any topping you like!
Emily went for cheese and coleslaw, while I chose a classic cheese and ketchup combination
They're so simple to make and took it about 25 minutes from start to finish.
I've also made these burgers adding cheese, onion and salsa sauce to the mixture, you can basically add whatever you like to suit your taste.

If you have a go at making these yourself, let me know how it goes and if you have any vegetarian recipes you'd want to share, I'd love to hear them.

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely going to try and make this, it looks really fantastic. Great blog!
    -xx

    http://www.liliesandleather.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete