Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder - Rose Ivory



Left - Without Powder. Right - With Powder
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder - Rose Ivory
When I first started using this product, I wasn't overly happy with it. I felt as though the coverage was just a bit too light for my skin, leaving me with slight shine to my skin, which I don't like. Not the best first impression for a product called 'Matte powder'. However, I continued using it, too see if my opinion changed at all and I can gladly say it did. As you can see from the above picture of my before and after using the powder, it dramatically decreases the amount of shine on my face. In terms of the design of the packaging, I think it's quite cute and a great idea to have a mirror attached, as it comes in handy. It's available from Fragrance Direct for £2.99, which is a great price when its RRP is £6.50. Although I did learn to work with it, I find that my powder brush is unable to pick up more that a very small amount of powder at a time meaning application takes longer that with other powders I've used and because of this, I'd probably not purchase it again.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard nothing but good things about this product. Sucks you didn't have good results with it. Tempted to buy it and try it out myself.

    - Marci | AmourMarci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just prefer a more matte finish, that I've found I get with other powders more so than this one, it's still not a bad product and if I was only able to get this again, I wouldn't be too disappointed :) x

      Delete